Mac users, please do not upgrade to Sierra 10.12.4 (Released Yesterday)
Before performing any updates, please check with your IT support staff, and make sure you have a full backup of your machine using Time machine.
Apple has released an update of macOS Sierra 10.12.4. The latest update includes a variety of bug fixes, minor feature changes, and security enhancements.
Although this update was pushed to improve the stability, compatibility, and security of the Mac; however, it seems that many of the forums are getting complaints of software crashing, and applications not working after they performed this update.
Here’s the list of updates this update has addressed (non-critical):
- Adds Night Shift for automatically shifting the colors in your display to the warmer end of the spectrum after dark.
- Adds Siri support for cricket scores, schedules, and player rosters from the Indian Premier League and International Cricket Council.
- Adds Dictation support for Shanghainese.
- Improves right-to-left language support for the Touch Bar, toolbar, and visual tab picker in Safari.
- Resolves several PDF rendering and annotation issues in Preview.
- Improves the visibility of the subject line when using Conversation View in Mail.
- Fixes an issue that may prevent content from appearing in Mail messages.